I hope you all had a good Xmas and that Santa brought you that new bike you wanted !!
Here is my text from an article in my Bermuda Sun column at the start of 2014 which because I am lazy I am just reproducing in the hope that you will enjoy my feeble attempts at humour and maybe appreciate my advise.
DAVE MORRISON’S 10 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS FOR TRIATHLETES
- I won’t be a fair weather rider unless it’s windy or raining or cold.
- I will charge my bike light properly
- I will not drink alcohol ; at least not much.
- I will clean my bike and change my lycra race suit if it gets too thin.
- I won’t cheat on my swim interval rests or number of 800m track repeats.
- I won’t draft on the bike….where I can be seen.
- I won’t walk on the run….where I can be seen.
- I won’t get angry if Tyler Butterfield or Flora Duffy lap me; twice !
- I won’t DNF in any race; unless really, really tired.
- I won’t kick or swim over anyone at the swim start unless I have to which I might have to.
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MIGHT GET TO QUITTING POINT IN AN IRONMAN
- You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime.”
Mark Allen – Ironman World Champs multiple winner
- You didn’t finish !! It cost $600 to enter and you bought that $7000 bike and you didn’t finish !!
Dave Morrison – famous swim/bike triathlete -what I think your spouse might say
SIMPLE BUT OFTEN OVERLOOKED ADVISE FOR TRIATHLETES
- Eat and sleep to train (as best you can).
- When injured, don’t ignore it
- Consistency is one of the keys to reaching your goals
- Plan and try and stick to your schedule but if you miss sessions don’t try and cram them in elsewhere.
- When your body says rest then rest.
- Regularly use a foam roller and do core strength exercises.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MY LOYAL FOLLOWERS ( a great cliché but one that I have always wanted to use !!) and WISHING YOU THE BEST FOR 2015.