Races: National Olympic Championship, Sprint Distance and Junior Races
Date: Sunday, April 12
Location: Clearwater Beach
- 8:00am junior races
- 9:30am Olympic and sprint races
- Online only via Racedayworld.com
- Registration Closes Friday April 10th at 6 pm (NO LATE ENTRY)
Number Pickup: Saturday April 11th. 10am – 1pm at Washington Mall Phase Two, Church Street Level–near the Gibbons Home Stores.
National Olympic Championship:
- Age Groups: 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50+ (no teams)
- Distances: 1.5 km swim / 40 km bike / 10 km run
- Age Groups: Open 15+ (team or individual)
- A team swimmer can also do the individual event
- Distances: 750 m swim / 20 km bike / 5 km run
Junior Race (Racing bikes only):
- Age 7-10: swim 100m / bike 5 km / run 1 km
- Age 11-15: swim 200m / bike 10 km / run 2 km
Age Group note! An athlete’s age for race entry purposes is based on the athlete’s age on the 31st of December 2015, not age on the race day.
In an effort to standardize the triathlons that take place at Clearwater we will be using a familiar course, similar to that used at the recent duathlon (with the addition of a swim of course). You can find course maps for the adult race attached to this page (see foot of page–click the down arrow to download them). We’ll add the other course maps if and when we receive them.
Refreshments and snacks will be available during and after the junior race. Junior awards will be presented following the conclusion of their race and before the Olympic and Sprint Events.
Olympic and Sprint Race:
This year Catlin will be hosting a catered BBQ following the conclusion of the Olympic race. The Olympic and sprint award presentation is tentatively planned for 12:30pm. We invite all athletes to relax and enjoy lunch after the event and to cheer on any and all other finishers!
- Wetsuits will be allowed if the water temperature is 72o F or below. It is anticipated that wetsuits will be allowed based on historical water temperatures for April.
- Transition closes promptly 15 minutes prior to race start.
- Race Briefing: prior to the start of each race
- Swim cap required (and will be supplied at number pickup)
- Helmets are mandatory, no bare torso on bike or run, no drafting on bike; refer to race rules and instructions downloadable from this website (under the “About Us” tab near the top of the screen).
- You must have a bike in good working order and an approved helmet that fits and clips in.
- Volunteers Needed: Please contact Andrew Davis–see below.
- All individual entrants must be BTA members.
- Questions? Email email@example.com
This event, like all other events on the BTA calendar, requires help from several volunteers in order to ensure a safe and successful race. If you are able and willing to volunteer please contact the Race Director, Andrew Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are looking for volunteers to help out with the Saturday afternoon setup and Sunday morning setup in addition to marshals on the bike and run course.